List:       ion
Subject:    Re: ion-devel-autoconf-20031221
From:       tuomov () modeemi ! cs ! tut ! fi (Tuomo Valkonen)
Date:       2003-12-23 10:24:04

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:14:31AM +0000, Tom Payne wrote:
> Is this going to work for people who don't define C99_SOURCE, e.g. those
> without va_copy? Why not just add #include <stdio.h> to exec.c, resize.c,
> and rootwin.c as the manual implies you should? :-)

According to my man pages, snprintf is a C99 feature. (But as far as I
know, probably is implemented in much older systems too.) As glibc
normally has most features enabled and options are used to disable them
to conform to standards, defining _XOPEN_SOURCE disables some C99 features,
unless they are also specifically enabled. I haven't checked if enabling
C99 support disables X/Open features, but I wouldn't think so, and the
easiest solution would then be simply to not set any of the _XOPEN_SOURCE
options (they're only good for development use), and set the C99 options
if they seem to add va_copy support. Of course there could be platforms
that need special flags for almost anything...

--
Tuomo