List:       intlwiki-l
Subject:    [Intlwiki-l] RUssian and UKrainian language files.
From:       "Vladimir V. Medeiko" <vmwiki () nashi ! spb ! ru>
Date:       2003-11-14 13:29:16

Dear Brion,

I've updated LanguageRu.php at http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/LanguageRu.php
and also copied it (with minor changes) into LanguageUk.php at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/LanguageUk.php

Please integrate newer version of LanguageRu into ru.wikipedia.org...

As for LanguageUk, uk.wikipedia.org should first be migrated to the Phase
III. I suppose it's good idea to do it now, because there are only 3 pages
there now. I propose to use Russian language initially (in LanguageUk.php),
because they (ukrainians) wrote their main page using Russian, not English
main page. And it is logical - Russian and Ukrainian are very similar
languages, so it's much easier to translate.