List:       intlwiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Intlwiki-l] On langalinks....
From:       Ray Saintonge <saintonge () telus ! net>
Date:       2003-08-21 23:00:49

Steve Vertigum wrote:

>But it seems like there still this *prejudice against
>making lots of "seeds" -- why?  Seeds are awesome.
>Seeds can be stored away for use at a later time, cant
>they?  Our squirrels can keep these seeds in a log,
>and when another squirrell requests a nut by a
>specific name, why not give them the tag from the seed
>with it?  Once the seed is used, throw it out... I
>dont think were in any disagrement on what to do with
>our nuts, just a different estimate of how big the
>seasonal harvest might be.

A recent episode of "Jeopardy" included a final jeopardy question about
the animal with the poorest memory, the squirrel.  It seems that he has
a hard time finding his nuts.  It's a myth to say that a squirrel
maintains a log of where the seeds were placed.  Plants, therefore, are
notorious for the way they take advantage of the poor squirrels for
their own sexual pleasures.  We benefit when something unexpected
sprouts. :-)

Ec.