List:       intermezzo-discuss
Subject:    (Resent) extended attribute and acl replication patches
From:       Shirish Hemant Phatak <shirish () nustorage ! com>
Date:       2001-07-07 14:29:13

Hi,

   Looks like my EA/ACL patch was too big for the mailing lists.
I quoting my original email and I have uploaded the patch to
Rutgers.

   The patch is available at
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~phatak/intermezzo/presto+lento+ea.diff

    EA/ACL patches for ext3 are available from
http://moldybread.net (note the "mold" in the spelling in my
original email which is included below!).

-Shirish

-----Original Email-----

 Hi,

    I have been playing with replicating ACLs and Extended
Attributes in Intermezzo. I am attaching a patch. The patch
passes regression and also passes the appropriate ACL tests. ACLs

are not yet being journalled natively, rather I use the
underlying extended attribute structure.

    So far the patch appears fairly stable. It includes the
EA/ACL code only if the appropriate defines are in config.h. make

config has been extended appropriately.

     As always bug reports are welcome. These patches also work
with my rsync patches, which I am migrating (slowly!) to the
branch.

     EA/ACL patches for linux 2.2.19 are available from
http://moldybread.net.

-Shirish