List:       intermezzo-discuss
Subject:    Re: intermezzo/intersync documentation and todo list
From:       Peter Braam <braam () clusterfs ! com>
Date:       2003-01-29 17:10:29

Hi Troy,

I think that the first key issue that needs to be addressed is to make
sure that what we have now can actually be run on 2.4.XX and soon on
2.5.

The key things that need to be done are:

 - package and build for widely used kernels and verify basic
   functionality.

 - put some stress on the client: iozone's, dbenches, mongo's etc,
   Make sure the client stays up and doesn't hang

 - verify synchronization takes place

Our volunteers are much hindered by the fact that they cannot get
things going.

There are many bits and pieces available of the features you mention
but things are in disrepair.

The most important feature that is currently missing is a
"reconnect".  At the moment things don't start correctly after
intersync crashes or is taken down.  From there on the choice of
further features is wide open I think.

- Peter -