List:       intermezzo-discuss
Subject:    SuSE 8.0 with glib-1.2.10 - thanks
From:       "Michael Zimmermann" <zim () vegaa ! de>
Date:       2002-11-09 0:23:06

Peter Braam wrote:
> But the good news is that the 1.2 and 2.0 libraries can coexist.

Yes, thanks.

For other SuSE-users I'd like to summarize:

As the normal glib - libraries under suse ar stored under
/user/lib I compiled the new glib 2.0 libraries with the default prefix
(instead of with --prefix=/usr which is usually neccessary with
source-tarballs on suse). Don't know if that is really neccessary,
but wanted to be on the safe side. Don't forget ldconfig after
installing new libraries.

After getting all neccessary SuSE-packages (configure tells
you if one is missing on your machine), I got a clean configure and
compile with

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig \
   ./configure --with-apache-modules=/etc/httpd/modules

Thanx again
Michael
--
Michael Zimmermann (http://vegaa.de)1