List:       intermezzo-discuss
Subject:    Re: two way synchronization
From:       Robert Read <rread () clusterfs ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 17:56:18

* Don Mahurin (dmahurin@berkeley.innomedia.com) [020925 10:36]:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2002 12:54 am, Robert Read wrote:
> > -- Don Maruhin writes:
> > > host1:
> > >  (server role)
> > >  intersync --daemon --server="" /var/share
> >
> > You don't need the --server="" option to run intersync as a server,
> > just don't use --server and it should do the right thing.
>
> If you previously ran as a client, then there is a <server>server</server>
> definition in .intermezzo config.  If you run again without --server, it will
> run as a client to the previous server. the --server="" option is needed so
> you can unset the server, and run as the server yourself.

Oh, now I understand what this is for. Right since it is generally not
possible to convert a client to server, this is not really needed
except for testing your mirror patch.  When we add full support for
mirroring and server failover, this will become more automatic, and
won't rely on a hack on a hack.