List:       intermezzo-discuss
Subject:    Merging files
From:       "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson () jecinc ! on ! ca>
Date:       2002-07-03 15:40:46

I'm looking for a Windows and Linux syncronization utility to sync files to
and from my laptop (currently dual boot but looking to switch fully to
Linux) and this looks like a real possibility but I have three questions:

1. does it just check what file is newest and copy it over the older one or
does it delve into the data in the files and allow an update to both files
if they have both changed
2. is there a list of types of data files it will support, or does it just
handle text files (how about OpenOffice data files)
3. will it work with an online database like MySQL or PostgreSQL (I need
some way to get read/write access on my laptop to contact info normally
stored in a databse on the LAN - currently through MS Briefcase and MS
Access but MS Access is getting too slow)