List:       intermezzo-devel
Subject:    Re: InterMezzo XDR specification
From:       Gordon Matzigkeit <gord () fig ! org>
Date:       2000-12-21 2:11:30

 PJB> POE session id's can be ACT's and Gord's type should have enough
 PJB> data (64bits?) to allow Shirish to use the session id's.

It's currently only 32 bits, but that can be changed.  Indeed, it
would be good to point out all the data structures in intermezzo.x
that should be specified as 64-bit.

 PJB> The reason that rpc xids cannot be used is as follows: a single
 PJB> session may be making multiple XDR rpc's with a single session
 PJB> on the other side.

Ahh, I naively assumed that there was only one rpc per session.
Thanks for the explanation.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)
Committed to diversity and freedom \// Be Pliant (http://fig.org/pliant/)