List:       intermezzo-devel
Subject:    Re: progress report
From:       Peter Braam <braam () clusterfs ! com>
Date:       2003-01-23 19:40:14

Chen Yang,

Getting it running is pretty critical.  Following the events that
happen during startup with user mode linux will be very important.

After module is inserted you can intercept the "read_super" command
and that should help you see what is happening.  A LOT is happening in
the beginning, even before intersync is started.

Intersync opens a device file /dev/intermezzo.  It listens to that
using select to receive commands from the kernel.  It also writes
replies to command to that device.  Further more it makes ioctls to
the mount point directory, which are handled in the directory ioctl
function in the kernel code.

If intersync dies the kernel only sees a close on the intermezzo
device.  That shold clean stuff up.

- Peter -

- Peter -