List:       interchange-users
Subject:    Re: [ic] considering an upgrade from 5.5.1
From:       David Christensen <david () endpoint ! com>
Date:       2013-06-13 21:27:06

On Jun 12, 2013, at 1:18 PM, Portwood, Michael wrote:

> I=92m responsible for an interchange site that is currently running 5.5.1=
 and I=92m considering an upgrade to 5.6.3. After visiting the Interchange =
website, I have two questions:
> 1.       What are the changes/feature changes implemented between the two=
 versions?
> 2.       What challenges will I have performing an in-place upgrade?

Hi Michael,

The 5.5 series was the development branch for the 5.6 release, so things sh=
ould be relatively compatible between 5.5.1 and 5.6.3; in particular, you s=
hould be able to upgrade interchange in-place and have your existing catalo=
gs work with minimal changes.

This of course assumes that you're using a stock version of Interchange 5.5=
.1; if there have been custom patches made compared to the stock 5.5.1, you=
'll need to ensure that the code changes between your installed version and=
 stock IC get ported over.

Additionally, as long as you are considering an upgrade, it'd be better to =
target 5.7.7; despite not being the formal "stable" release on the website,=
 it has had a large amount of development and testing, and will be a nice s=
tepping stone for an upcoming Interchange 5.8.0 release.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen