List:       interchange-users
Subject:    [ic] problems with japanese input forms
From:       Gordon <gordondi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-18 23:10:20

Hi everyone,
I'm having some problems with multi-lingual submissions submitted on a
development site based on the foundation catalog.

We have created a Japanese language site and the whole site works fine
in Japanese EXCEPT some of the form input.  This manifests itself in
two ways:

1) Options using standard Simple options will show the field name in
Japanese but the drop down menu comes out as gobbledygook.

2) Input made in a text box in Japanese (prior to the final checkout
screen) will be stored fine in the session file as Japanese (when
viewed through the admin interface) but when I try to output it to a
form it is gobbledygook.

I am sure I must be missing something simple in the configuration...
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Gordon