List:       interchange-users
Subject:    Re: [ic] Timed build and sessions
From:       Jamie Neil <jamie () versado ! net>
Date:       2003-08-26 14:45:09

Mike Heins wrote:
[snip]

> [tmp tmp_session_id][scratch mv_no_session_id][/tmp]
> [set mv_no_session_id]1[/set]
>

>>[timed-build period="1440" file=|timed/promo-[control banner Featured
>>Products]-[control matches 3]-[control promo_type featured]-[value deptid]|]
>>...component code...
>>[/timed-build]
>

> [seti mv_no_session_id][scratch tmp_session_id][/set]
>
> That should prevent the id from escaping, I think, allowing you to
> use force=1; then it should reset to the previous setting.
>
> If you require cookies, you could instead remove the code from the login
> action that sets mv_no_session_id to 0.

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.

Am I right in thinking though, that users with no cookie support will
lose their sessions when clicking on the cached links?

Hmm, maybe I should rethink my approach - perhaps I could randomly
presort the products using a cron job or something...

--
Jamie Neil <jamie@versado.net>
Versado I.T. Services Ltd.