List:       intel-wired-lan
Subject:    Re: [Intel-wired-lan] [linus:master] [e1000e] 861e808602: suspend-stress.fail (e1000e: move force SM
From:       Paul Menzel <pmenzel () molgen ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2024-05-17 5:50:32

Dear Rui,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Am 15.05.24 um 11:29 schrieb Zhang, Rui:

> On Wed, 2024-05-15 at 06:57 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
>>
>> Can you please share on what test system this fails, and provide the
>> hardware information?
>
> This is an Intel BroadWell NUC.
> The problem is reproduced on this platform only, we have 20+ other
> platforms but doesn't see this issue.
>
> lspci output attached, any other info needed?

The `-nn` to show PCI vendor and device codes also as numbers would be nice.

>> Also, do you have Linux logs until starting the tests?
>
> dmesg after boot attached.
> After that I run "rtcwake -m freeze -s 30" and system freezes.

Just as a heads-up, that the referenced commit also caused regression on
another system [1]. Would you be able to test that patch?

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/intel-wired-lan/20240413092743.1548310-1-hui.wang@canonical.com/