List:       integrit-users
Subject:    [Integrit-users] integrit maintainer
From:       Ed L Cashin <ecashin () uga ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-09 3:14:35

It has become apparent to me that grad school is requiring a focus
that leaves me hard pressed to find the time necessary to add cross
platform databases to integrit.

Happily, integrit is a stable piece of software that doesn't require
constant developer attention, so that's not such a bad thing, but
thinking of the future ...

I'm wondering if there might be someone who agrees with integrit's
design philosophy of utility, reliability, and efficiency through
simplicity, who has skill with C programming and who actively uses
integrit, who would be willing to become the maintainer if I were to
make integrit into a gnu project.

Ideally the integrit maintainer would not do much, except resisting
user pressure to add features that are not absolutely necessary,
making bugfixes, administrating email lists, promoting integrit, and
adding the occasional essential feature.

The last big new feature was large file support.  The next big one
would be databases that work across platforms, allowing databases to
be generated on one host and used on any other host.

If you are interested in maintaining integrit, please let me know,
personally or on this mailing list.

Thanks.

--
--Ed L Cashin     PGP public key: http://noserose.net/e/pgp/