List:       insight-users
Subject:    Re: [ITK-users] [ITK]  SimpleITK Serieswriter and DicomTags
From:       "Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C]" <blowekamp () mail ! nih ! gov>
Date:       2017-03-30 14:23:26

Hello,

Writing correct DICOM continues to be a struggle with SimpleITK and ITK. It is \
generally recommended to directly use GDCM or DCMTK to write a proper DICOM series.

SimpleITK tries to keep things, well, simple and straight forward. But ITK ties to do \
some smart things, which get in the way for certain uses with SimpleITK. We are \
trying to document and develop a nominal set of DICOM output operations that work in \
SimpleITK.

Do you have working C++ code that works for your intended operation? Can you share a \
small section of code which does what you expect it C++?

Thank,
Brad