List:       insight-users
Subject:    [Insight-users] developing a customized level-set filter
From:       Vimal Singh <vimal () mail ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2011-04-27 19:24:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I'm currently developing my own level-set image filter, and since I'm a
novice to developing filters in ITK I thought of writing for help.

 My filter is quite similar to the GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter, except
that the propagation term needs to modified. i.e., all three terms P(x),
Z(x) and A(x), will be different and need to be calculated from a feature
image.
 I believe in GeodesicActiveContourFilter the P(x)==Z(X) ?

My thought is that the Class "SegmentationLevelSetFunction" would not allow
me do so ? as it only provides functions for calculating a speed image
(CalcualteSpeedImage, which I believe is the P(x) ) and an advection image
(CalculateAdvectionImage, this is the A(x) ).

If, I'm correct ? does that mean I would have to write another class similar
to "SegmentationLevelSetFunction" with added member functions ?

or is there is any other escape from this implementation, that I'm unware
off?

apologies, if this is the wrong place for this kinda Question.

thanks
-- Vimal