List:       inprotect-devel
Subject:    Re: [Inprotect-devel] Full migration possble?
From:       Kenneth Kline <kenneth.kline () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-30 22:42:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I had originally coded a routine to migrate all of the code.  There were
somethings that should not have occurred in the migration such as populating
host hable using dns for old reports dns today at the time of the import
does not match up with the correct host.  I commented that section out to
move the results as the old reports needed some more thought.

Currently for the past two months, I have been focusing on study for CISSP.
I will try to make time for that once I get CISSP out of the way scheduled
for exam this coming saturdday.

Additionally, I have been working on a completely new db structure, that
further breaks stuff down and uses a lot more tables and foriegn keys.  My
plans is to get up to speed on Zend Framework, and start a recode.  I have
got alot of new requirements per my implementation around scans / scan
restrictions / reporting / custom reporting / etc. I am looking to start a
re-write of the whole thing.  I would however like to get the 1.00 out
there.  I have found a number of bugs / issues reported to me that I have
fixed in my production instance.  I just have not posted any thing to SVN
for the past month / two due to lack of time to further test, debug.

I have not forgoten about it.  I have just stood up and ESXi implementation
with Virtual Appliances LAMP.  I have stood up 5 instances of the machines.
That will range from DEV / UAT / Production  and one instance of 1.00, 0.80
This time I want to be sure the 2.00 schema is done before writing the
upgrade scripts.  As the problematic part, was partly when I first wrote it,
It was for my kkline_branch schema  way before the 1.00.00 alpha 1.  Which I
have built a sequential upgrade path for ( since ).

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM, <blainedw@gdls.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> A little while ago I posted whether it was possible to migrate from 0.80.2
> to 1.x. I ran the script that kkline suggested. It worked wonderfully for
> the parts it did, however, I noticed in both scripts the part to migrate
> the reports has been commented out. Is this something that is still buggy?
> Any plans to fix?
>
> Dave
>
> PS Any way to clean up all the spam postings in the dev list??
> >From David Blaine's blackberry
>

> This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the
> intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged
> information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
> reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any
> attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Kenneth Kline
MCSE, Security+, HPUX, Linux+, CEH

Contact Points:
Kenneth Kline