List:       inn-workers
Subject:    Re: Solved [was: What part of INN is responsible for sending IHAVE?]
From:       Russ Allbery <rra () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-31 10:43:13

It doesn't look like anyone has answered this message since you sent it;
apologies if you'd already received a response.

Tom Kacvinsky <tjk@ams.org> writes:

> I figured it out, I think...

> In innfeed.conf, we have a peer set up.

> In newsfeeds, the innfeed! channel did not have the -y option for
> startinnfeed.

> I added the -y back, and our problems went away.

> But...

> This was *after* recompiling innd, innfeed, and nnrpd using -lresolv
> instead of -lbind.

> So I am thinking it is a combination of the object code generated by
> linking against -libind *and* not having -y in the options list for
> startinnfeed that caused our problems.

> Or is it that if one has a peer set up, one needs to use -y?

If you don't have the peer configured in innfeed.conf, you have to use -y.
If all your peers are configured in innfeed.conf, you shouldn't need the
-y (I personally prefer explicit configuration and short peer names, so I
configure every peer and don't use -y).