List:       inn-workers
Subject:    Re: server running, reports articles in groups, but articles are NOT there...
From:       Russ Allbery <rra () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-30 4:17:28

John Kozubik <john_kozubik@hotmail.com> writes:

> - no errors in the logs
> - the /var filesystem is filling up with overview information
> - cnfs setup seems to work great
> - clients connect and receive the active list as they should
> - inncheck reports _no_ problems

> The problem is, when a news client connects, it connects, gets the
> active list, and shows each newsgroup and the number of messages in each
> newsgroup.  However, no matter which newsgroup I choose, there end up
> being _no_ messages in it, and the news client then revises the number
> of messages down to 0.

Sounds like article retrieval from CNFS isn't working.  A couple of things
to check:  Can you retrieve articles by message ID, either from inside
nnrpd or via sm on the command line?  And are you generating overview
index information (if this is INN 2.2)?  INN 2.2 will write out the basic
overview data internally, but you still have to run overchan to generate
the indexes.