List:       inn-workers
Subject:    Re: Discussion about Cancel-Lock support
From:       Russ Allbery <eagle () eyrie ! org>
Date:       2021-10-23 18:36:47

Julien ÉLIE <julien@trigofacile.com> writes:

> That's a good question.
> We have lots of examples in the newsfeeds sample file, so normally it is
> not too difficult to find out the right syntax for a basic feed.

> Most of the questions come from readers.conf... which has a cleaner syntax!

Yes, this is a fair point!  I think the hardest thing for people to
understand about readers.conf is the way it separates authentication from
authorization.  As someone who does identity management professionally,
this makes perfect sense to me, but I don't think it matches how people
are thinking when they set up relatively simple servers.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.