List:       inn-workers
Subject:    Re: expire does not purge junk group
From:       Andreas Mattheiss <andreas.mattheiss () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-05-08 21:17:08

Salut Julien,

thanks for the reply.

Am Sat, 08 May 2010 01:25:52 +0200 schrieb Julien ÉLIE:

> An article accepted and fed into the junk newsgroup is recorded in the
> history.  It is different than a rejected article (here, when
wanttrash is
> set to true, it means that articles posted to unknown articles are no
> longer trash articles -- but malformed articles for instance are still
> trash).

This is also the way I understand things, and it is what is happening.

>> I then tried to blow these 200 articles from the history-file by
feeding

>> /remember/:0
>> junk:A:0:0:0
>>
>> into expire, also to no avail, the stuff is still lingering around. I
>> acknowledge junk is some sort of pseudo-group, but supplying the
"true"
>> group name didn't help. And yes, groupbaseexpiry is set to true.
>
> Strange.
> And the articles are still present in the history? Mentioned by
> grephistory when using their message-ID?

And this is what is apparently also a bit unexpected for you. My
understanding is that the above entry in expire.ctl shall expire all
articles in junk and forget about their very existence immediately. I
have
restarted innd after I changed expire.ctl, and I ran expire -N
immediately
after the restart. Refeeding the junked articles

lzcat gaga | rnews -h localhost

gives me in syslog:

May  8 23:03:56 highscreen rnews: offered
<c9c67ccd0910271841h3e2999cbg1e365f08a7baa808@mail.gmail.com> localhost
May  8 23:03:56 highscreen rnews: offered
<5577787a0910270950i43261f2cwa04612f8b341b03f@mail.gmail.com> localhost
May  8 23:03:56 highscreen rnews: offered <4B13D536.3020006@ryand.net>
localhost
May  8 23:03:56 highscreen innd: localhost:24 closed seconds 1 accepted
0 refused 199 rejected 0 duplicate 0 accepted size 0 duplicate size 0

And yes, they're apparently still lingering in the history:

highscreen [23:03] [~] <# 54> grephistory 4B13D536.3020006@ryand.net
@030261320000000000000004D06B00000005@

I mean, it's not a big thing, but I don't think it behaves as it should.

Regards
Andreas