List:       inn-workers
Subject:    gnupg & pgpverify trouble (was: INN 2.4.2 testing release)
From:       Christoph Biedl <cbiedl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-06 12:44:09

Russ Allbery wrote...

>   * pgpverify will now correctly verify signatures generated by GnuPG and
>     better supports GnuPG as the PGP implementation.

Upgrading my system (Debian sarge) I and others found pgpverify fails if
using gpg for verification of signed control messages. The reason for
this is appearently gpg which now looks for ~/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg
instead of ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg. However, gpg was not changed so I
assume a different gpgv invocation in the new pgpverify version.

Copying or linking the two key files is at least a workaround, but: Has
this been documented anywhere?

    Christoph