List:       infrastructures
Subject:    [Infrastructures] Infrastructure assessment guides/checklists?
From:       Brent Chapman <Brent () greatcircle ! com>
Date:       2005-06-16 16:22:17

Do folks have any favorite guides or checklists that you use when
assessing a site's infrastructure?  I've been asked to assess a
consulting client's operational capabilities and procedures, identify
potential problem areas, and recommend improvements.  They provide a
web-based service to their own customers, so we're most interested in
assessing their external service infrastructure, rather than their
internal corporate desktop infrastructure.  Most of what to take a
look at is fairly obvious, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check
out other assessment guides and checklists, just to make sure that I
don't overlook anything.

Thanks!

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <brent@greatcircle.com> -- Great Circle Associates, Inc.
Specializing in network infrastructure for Silicon Valley since 1989