List:       infrastructures
Subject:    (tcl on cisco, was) Re: [Infrastructures] using IA methodologies
From:       Andrew Fort <afort () choqolat ! org>
Date:       2005-03-30 1:29:29

Andrew Piskorski wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:42:06AM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
>
>>And then I wandered over to read todays blog entry on
>>http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/ ... TCL in IOS, you say? Hmmm.
>>Intriguing.
>
> Tcl on Cisco isn't common knowledge among Cisco users?  As far as I
> know Tcl as been native on Cisco routers for years and years.  But I
> heard that from following Tcl, I know nothing about Cisco routers.

It has certainly been there for some time (4-5+ years).

My understanding is that TCL was originally included purely for building
  IVRs and similar scripting for the voice features of the routers (and
later, service gateway stuff).  I first encountered it on these
platforms, doing these things (c2600, AS5300, etc).

-andrew