List:       infrastructures
Subject:    [Infrastructures] 'touch *' not atomic
From:       Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman () flashmail ! com>
Date:       2002-11-12 23:16:03

Hey folks,
	At Lisa I got to talk with several people about the 'touch *' in the
ISConf code.  It turns out that if the touch happens during a time
change from one second to the next, not all the files end up with the
same time stamp.  This little issue has blown away my Oracle database a
couple of times.  I'm putting this out on the mailing list so nobody
else gets bitten by this.  The fix is to do a 'touch -t $currenttime *'
on Solaris.  Thanks to Steve and Luke for helping me with this.

- Ryan