List:       infrastructures
Subject:    [Infrastructures] Outage
From:       Steve Traugott <stevegt () TerraLuna ! Org>
Date:       2002-05-23 0:50:40

Hi All,

One of our servers got hacked pretty heavily this past Friday
afternoon, while Joyce and I were out of town.  This yanked all mail
@TerraLuna.Org off the air at 15:12 that day, including this list.
Whoever did this was pretty destructive -- they didn't intend to be
undetected and didn't want the machine to keep working.

After seeing the extent of the damage I decided it would be a good
idea to have someone turn the machine off until we got back.  This
shut down the web sites for Infrastructures.Org, stevegt.com, and
several others.

After re-installation, it appears that the important things are
working again.  If anyone finds anything that is still out of whack,
feel free to call me (U.S. Pacific time) at +1-650-868-6358.

To get some more redundancy, I'm going to split the functions of this
machine off onto others over the next few days and retire it.  Expect
some more outages (this time they'll be scheduled).  ;-)

Steve
--
Stephen G. Traugott
UNIX/Linux Infrastructure Architect, TerraLuna LLC