List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: Cyrus-imap configuration issue
From:       Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam () whitemice ! org>
Date:       2011-11-08 22:50:03

BTW, the quoting syle of your e-mail client makes this hard to follow.
I'm unsure which of the comments belong to which reply.

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 22:44 +0530, Rajeshwar Bharathi wrote:
> #sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
> [root@aws1234]# cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
> Password:

Test with testsaslauthd first, before going on the other things.

What mechanism is saslauthd using to authenticate users?

See 'ps ax | grep saslauthd' and the contents of
your /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd file.

BTW I have a document with a chapter on Cyrus that might cover some
stuff you are interested in.
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/coils/files/WMOGAG-Coils.pdf/download>
Feedback appreciated.

----