List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: Using xfer to migrate mailboxes and GSSAPI errors
From:       Dan White <dwhite () olp ! net>
Date:       2011-10-07 3:03:34

On 06/10/11 18:21 -0400, Jack Neely wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a specific list of user mailboxes that I need to migrate to a
> different Cyrus IMAP server.  The servers are all identical running
> 2.3.14.  This seems like a perfect job for xfer.
>
> I've never gotten xfer to work.
>
> localhost.localdomain> xfer user.tmp00009 new-server t
> xfermailbox: Server(s) unavailable to complete operation
>
> I've got
>
> proxy_authname: cyrus
> proxy_password: <password>
> allowusermoves: yes
>
> in my imapd.conf file.  (Perhaps order is important here?  Do the proxy_
> parameters need to come after others?  They are close to the top of the
> config file currently.)
>
> In syslog I see:
>
> imap[25032]: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more \
> information (No credentials cache found) imap[25032]: couldn't authenticate to \
> backend server: generic failure imap[25032]: Could not move mailbox: user.tmp00009, \
> Initial backend connect failed
> So it looks like I'm trying to authenticate to the remote cyrus server
> by GSSAPI, and its not working.  (Although we do use SASL to auth the
> cyrus account and our users.)
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction to get xfer operations
> working?

Do you have a credentials cache on the first backend, under the cyrus user?

Try:

sudo -u cyrus klist

Even though you may have a principal that the server has initialized from a
keytab, you'll also need to have a credentials cache when acting as a
client, for the move to the second backend, initialized with kinit.

--
Dan White
----