List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: problem with a user mailbox
From:       Bron Gondwana <brong () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2011-09-26 17:53:47

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 03:25:57PM +0200, Riccardo Veraldi wrote:
> reconstruct simply ignores the folders...
>
> I had to dump mailboxes from the old server grepping the StormSupport
> folder and subfolders
>
> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ctl_mboxlist -u < /tmp/mailboxes.txt
>
> then I added the missing mailboxes in the text file  and re-imported
> from text file and then it worked.
>
> but I did not know why reconstruct could not find the folder itself...
>
> the permission were ok I checked them many times.
>
> thank you
>
> Rick
> P.S. I did not try with -x I ws in hurry to fix hte problem and it
> worked with ctl_mboxlist
>

> than I had o reimport hte mailboxes

       improved_mboxlist_sort: 0
            If  enabled, a special comparator will be used which will correctly sort \
mailbox names that contain  characters such as ' ' and '-'.

            Note that this option SHOULD NOT be changed on a live system.  The  \
                mailboxes  database  should  be
            dumped before the option is changed, removed, and then undumped after \
changing the option.

I suspect you'll be wanting to dump the mailboxes.db, turn that on,
restore the mailboxes.db, and continue.  This is the biggest nasty
suckage with current Cyrus.  I wish we'd handled the transition
somehow better.  I'm seriously considering a special key in
the mailboxes.db which says if this has been done, and magic in
ctl_cyrusdb -r that looks for the special key and fixes it up if
this isn't the case - then forces it to be turned on.  Would have
to be done with quotas and subscriptions as well, but man would it
be worth it.

Bron.
----