List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    RE: Collaboration replacement via Toltec/Bynari (was How
From:       "Joon Radley" <joon () radleys ! co ! za>
Date:       2007-11-15 20:15:32

Hi Ian,

> Cyrus Mailstore does handle final delivery, but there's plenty of
> opportunity to handle messages before that point. For example, we now
> use Exim and Cyrus Mailstore, and we have plenty of processing going on in
> Exim before hand off to Cyrus (with LMTP) including spamassassin, clamav
and
> Exim filters. There are also processes between the two, for example
> Mailman.

Very true, but it does not do the processing needed by Outlook. It cannot
convert iTip and winmail.dat attachments to the related message objects and
do the linking in the Outlook message store. This is where you need the
transport mechanism of Outlook.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC