List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    How Cyrus works?
From:       "Toschi Pietro" <Pietro.Toschi () actalis ! it>
Date:       2007-05-24 12:34:18

--===============1902912779==

Hi all
I'm still experimenting with Cyrus. One of the problems I am facing with is the lack \
of documentation. Could somebody please point to some explanation about the meaning \
of various /var/lib/imap items? What I am definitely looking for is some explanation \
of how Cyrus works not limited to the use of cyradm and imapd.conf directives \
(althought many directives still appear very unclear to me...). For example: I \
understand that Cyrus manages a mailboxes DB and I guess it manages many other \
informations like users, quotas, metainformations, etc... but what, how, why, when... \
it does what it does? I know that the source code contains every information I need \
but I really hope there is a more understanding, insightful and extensive way to \
learn. At least a good starting point would be a great suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
PT