List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: configure error: can't find DES library
From:       Huaqing Zheng <huasome () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-27 21:01:49

On 1/27/06, Mark Hannessen <mark@nperfection.com> wrote:
> hi list,
>
> I am trying to compile cyrus imap with kerberos support.
> but the configure script fails with the warning that the kerberos DES
> library's are not installed.
>
> configure: error: The Kerberos DES library is required for Kerberos suppo=
rt.

I assume you are compiling with the MIT Kerberos libraries instead of
KTH/Heimdal that CMU uses.  The cyrus-imapd autoconf scripts are very
confused when it comes to building with the MIT libraries and OpenSSL.
 See the attached patch to fix the autoconf issues.  Note that you'll
have to rerun autoconf after applying the patch.

--
Huaqing Zheng
Beer and Code Wrangler at Large

["01_config.dpatch" (application/octet-stream)]

----