List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    delivering to over-quota users based on sender
From:       "Paul Haldane" <Paul.Haldane () newcastle ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-01-26 14:19:29

We're running a couple of largish cyrus (2.x) imap servers (with sendmail).  Our \
admin people have come up with a request to be able to deliver messages (from certain \
email addresses) to people who have reached their mailbox quota.  We already do this \
for some administrative messages from the Cyrus servers themselves (using deliver -q) \
but would like ot be able to do this with messages generated outside the cyrus \
servers.

I'm assuming that we need to do something like creating a new mailer definition in \
sendmail and then routing stuff through that based on the sender address.  However \
I've not been able to find anything about doing the second bit of that either in the \
sendmail or cyrus docs and thought that someone here is likely to have done this \
already.

Also would I need to use 'deliver -q' in the new mailer definition.  Our current \
cyrus mailer definition uses LMTP to a socket but I don't see a way to add arbitrary \
options to the RCPT commands (I've had a pretty good trawl through the sendmail \
source but I may well have missed something obvious)

Any suggestions welcomed.

Paul
--
Paul Haldane