List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    [ANNOUNCE] UDP-datagram notification method
From:       Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz () informatik ! tu-chemnitz ! de>
Date:       2003-05-29 23:03:45

Hello,

I wrote an UDP notification method for cyrus-imapd-2.1.x which is
available under:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/cyrus-patches/cyrus-imapd-2.1.11-datagram.patch

This allows entries in sieve scripts like:

| require 'notify';
| notify :method "datagram" :options ["<HOST>", "<PORT>"];

which would send an UDP datagram to <HOST>:<PORT>. So the user gets
informed immediately when a mail arrives.

The patch above was written for my personal usage; if there is wider
interest, I am willing to do the needed steps to make it fit into the
official cyrus-imapd package.

Enrico