List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: Security
From:       Ken Murchison <ken () oceana ! com>
Date:       2002-08-23 17:03:26

Russell Packer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into implementing some external security measures to limit
> access to our Cyrus mail store. Does anyone have any experience with RSA's
> SecurID, or any other similar methods?

I started working on a SecurID plugin for SASL
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2808.txt), but I stopped when I couldn't get
a demo/trial kit from RSA.  Since I was doing it mostly for academic
purposes, I never persued it any further.

Even if you had SecurID support in SASL, are there any IMAP clients
which would use it?  Or are you thinking about writing your own?

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127