List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    RE: VirtDomains 'Admins' ...
From:       "Raine, David" <DRaine () lehman ! COM>
Date:       2002-08-16 12:41:23

Try
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.andrew.cmu.edu:/cvs co -d cyrus-imapd-2_2 -r
cyrus-imapd-2_2 cyrus

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathieu Sanichar [mailto:M.Sanichar@diginext.com]
Sent: 16 August 2002 12:59
To: info-cyrus@andrew.cmu.edu

> > Mostly directed to Ken, I guess ... in imapd.conf, I can specify the
> > 'admins' for the Cyrus install ... do I have to add one per domain
used,
> > or does it default to the same list with @domain attached to it?
> >
> > ie. if I specify 'admins: cyrus', and mkimap -d hub.org, does
> > cyrus@hub.org automatically become an admin, or do I have to add that
> > the admins line itself?

> No "magic" is done with any of the admins listed.

> From doc/install-virtdomains.html (if this isn't clear, please let me
know):

I just got the latest version from cvs
(cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.andrew.cmu.edu:/cvs co -d cyrus-imapd-2_2
cyrus)
But there is no doc/install-virtdomains.html

> Administrators

> The Cyrus virtual domains implementation supports per-domain
administrators as
> well as "global" (inter-domain) administrators. Domain-specific
> administrators are specified with a fully qualified userid in the
admins option
> (e.g. admin@example.net) and only have access to mailboxes in the
> associated domain. Mailbox names should be specified in the same
fashion as on
> a single domain configuration.

> Global administrators are specified with an unqualified userid in the
admins
> option and have access to any mailbox on the server. Global admins must
> use a mailbox@domain syntax when specifying mailboxes. Examples (using
cyradm):

> To create a new user INBOX:

> cm user.test@example.com

> To list all mailboxes in a domain:

> lm *@example.com

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated \
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you \
are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this \
message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only \
and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to \
buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an \
official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be \
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is \
complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is \
subject to change without notice.