List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: [POLL] virtual domains and Murder
From:       Ken Murchison <ken () oceana ! com>
Date:       2002-07-27 23:16:19

Quoting Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>:

> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 10:49, Michael Fair wrote:
> > First, this thread is explicitly talking about
> > IP based virtual domains in relationship to a
> > Murder.
> [...]
> > I fail to see how your comments relate to that
> > topic at all.
>
> Read more carefully: it's not explicitly about IP based virtual hosting
> and Murder, it's about virtual hosting and Murder in general.
> Also, Ken Murchison explicitly asked people to tell what kind of ideas
> they had with regard to Murder. So I think my post is right on topic.

Yes.  I got what I needed out of this thread, so any philisophical discussion
can be taken offline.

Virtdomain support in Murder _will_ happen, and is almost done (if you look at
CVS).  The only thing that will not be implemented is IMAP referrals in a
multiple IP setup.  I don't feel like getting into the reasons why right now,
but trust me (and Rob and Larry) that even if we _could_ implement it in a sane
way, most clients probably wouldn't work correctly anyways.

So let's consider this thread dead.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127