List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: best MTA to use with Cyrus
From:       Michael Fair <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2002-07-22 17:54:23

I use Postfix with SASL2 and Cyrus 2.1.5 here.

To add a mailbox user I do:
# cyradm --user cyrus localhost
> cm user/newusername
> exit
# saslpasswd2 -c newusername
<enter password here>

There was nothing special I set up in Postfix
other than to go:
Postfix -> Spam Assassin -> LMTP -> Cyrus
and allow users to use auth SMTP via SASL2

I use the altnamespace (hence the '/' instead of '.')
and I also use user@domain.dom but that's not
important here (though to use '@' requires a patch
to Cyrus).

Many other ppl aside myself use Postfix/Cyrus combo.

-- Michael --