List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: How to let users change their password ?
From:       Michael Fair <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2002-02-11 17:32:08

One method would be a cgi script that would run
a separate setuid script to run saslpasswd on
the users behalf.

However, unless it is run on a secure site
it severley limits the amount of faith you
can have in the security of the password.
On the other hand, if you are not encrypting
your IMAP logins and sending passwords "in
the clear" then you really aren't making
much more of a security hole for yourself.

Similarly, you could make the script the
login shell for users who could then telnet
to the machine, log in, and change their password.

Good Luck, and Happy Hacking!
-- Michael --