List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: RSA Security SecurID
From:       "Eric L. Howard" <elh () outreachnetworks ! com>
Date:       2001-08-25 2:01:14

comments at bottom...

At a certain time, now past, Gordon Ewasiuk spake thusly:

--------8<--snip--------

> >Also down the line, build VPN's and other services (secure
> >mail server access, etc) via the SecurID technology to try
> >and get more ROI on investing in it.  Its not *that* expensive
> >but still, can be used for more than in-house, like other
> >Value Added Services for customers.
>
> All in all, it's been a great product for us and has been backed by 1st
> rate support.  The two times I've had to call RSA, I've gotten clueful
> engineers that resolved the problem on the first call.  I can't say enough
> good things about RSA.
>
> The only gripe I have with SecurID is the admin program on the Unix side -
> navigation through the admin program is a little backwards(IMO).

Agree on all points, the UNIX admin proggie is a bit round-about the first
couple of times through, but after the first couple runs all is well.

RSA had a X gui that mirrored the Windows GUI a couple releases back...was
very intuitive (and the ability to display back through SSH was a huge plus)
and as easy to use as the current Windows admin GUI.

We used the setup w/ Apache and Netscape web servers for hundreds of users.
The cross realm and HA setups worked wonderfully for us.

       ~ELH~

--
Eric L. Howard         e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m