List:       inet-access
Subject:    RE: Spam Prevention
From:       "Barry Kiesz" <barry () nvc ! net>
Date:       2001-04-30 13:53:05

FYI:  I've called them too and no one from their company seems interested in
selling their products.  The one time I did talk to them, the fee structure
strongly suggests that they are mainly interested in the big fish
(earthlink,etc..) because of equipment costs, etc..  I suggested that they
scale down their on-site equipment, charge a minimum fee (like the porn
filtering companies do), charge us say $1/user and let us sell this to our
users for, say $3/mo.

> Basically, I'm curious to here what feedback anyone may have regarding
> currently available anti spam provisions, what others are using, just DNS
> block type lists or going a step further into using something
> like procmail
> filtering.  Any information and opinions are welcome.
> address.

I too am really interested in a solution to this and will be watching this
thread closely.

Barry

-
List archives can be found at: <http://www.moongroup.com/inet.php>