List:       inet-access
Subject:    DNS scans from Korea?
From:       "Jason K. Schechner" <jas () cais ! com>
Date:       2001-04-25 21:49:45

I've been seeing increasing numbers of network sweeps on UDP port 53
recently and a large number are originating from Korea.  Anyone else
observed anything similar?  I'm guessing that there are boneheads there
looking for Lion-work infected hosts.  I usually notify the owner of the
IP block but is there any special e-mail address where I should send
suspected Lion-worm sweeps?

Between that and the sunrpc sweeps my denial logs are never boring. :)

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
=The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has bounds.=
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---

-
List archives can be found at: <http://www.moongroup.com/inet.php>