List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: UUnet blocking SMTP/port25??
From:       "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () mail-abuse ! org>
Date:       2001-03-31 1:00:41

On 03/30/01, "Robert T. Bevill" <rbevill@olympus.wwol.com> wrote:

> I thought I saw some email, re: smtp being blocked on UUnet dialups.  I
> deleted them, becuase it hadn't affected me -- yet.
>
> I, now, cannot connect to my own network, on port 25 , on any UUnet dialup.
> I am not even getting a rejection notice from my server, and it does not
> show up during a sniff.

	If you're a UUnet dial reseller, call UUnet and ask them what's
	up.  If you're a customer of UUnet or some other reseller, see
	if you can use their SMTP servers.

	I've also heard that UUnet's security department will make
	exceptions to the port 25 filter if you call and ask nicely.

--
J.D. Falk                   "The Internet isn't just a publishing medium or a
Product Manager                     medium for commerce, it's a social medium."