List:       inet-access
Subject:    RE: max message size limit
From:       Rodolfo Paiz <rpaiz () gold ! guate ! net>
Date:       2001-02-28 17:58:15

> > Yeah, I know. So do I, but there is a service issue in that
> > many customers know how to use email, and can't even spell
> > FTP. ;) Besides, they believe that emailing the files (daily
> > sales reports, etc.) to the individual users provides them
> > better overall security than having said files up on a FTP
> > server waiting to be hacked.
> >
> >Security versus convenience; one of the eternal debates.
>
> Right.  They send their email securely ... how?   If they
> aren't using PGP, they aren't secure.

By "security versus convenience," I meant *my server's* security and
*their files'* security versus *their* convenience. FTP is more secure,
and helps me keep the message sizes down helping me run my server
better, but it's more convenient for them to attach, then send.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz@gold.guate.net <mailto:rpaiz@gold.guate.net>

-