List:       inet-access
Subject:    MRTG and Cisco 802.1Q Vlans
From:       Tim Wolfe <TimW () InfoGroupNW ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 19:37:03

I'm using a cisco router (12.1.5T) to create several different VLANs to a
Nortel 450T switch using VLAN tagging and subinterfaces, but when I try to
setup MRTG it will only show the main router ethernet interface, not the
subs..  I've tried doing an SNMP walk on the router, to no avail.  I
searched the archives but couldn't find anything that related.  On that
unrelated (and yet not) note, it would be a lot useful if a keyword search
of inet-access archives matched only key words in the same message, not the
same archive.  I tried (for example) searching for vlan and mrtg and the
archive that came up as a hit had something like "MRTG - 95th percentile"
and "Which Cisco VLAN capable switch" which are obviously not useful in this
context...

Thanks,

--Tim