List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Lucent 6000 NAS Filters
From:       netlink () netlinkcorp ! com
Date:       2000-12-29 2:52:33

I follow you on your example. What is protocol=4 equal to?
I have some info that relates to protocols where
1 = ICMP
5 = STREAM
6 = TCP
17 = UDP

What I what like to do is allow TCP across my ethernet and WAN
Filter out ICMP and UDP except for ports 53, 1645 and 1646
and Prevent IP spoofing.
Just need to understand the context of the Filters so I don't
close myself out of the box or prevent telnet sessions.

I appreciate the help.
-------
R. Hall
NET-LINK Corp.