List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Time to bring up a DS3
From:       "Aaron Gagnier" <agagnier () mnsi ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 19:44:03

They had said first of all that getting either the fiber or facilities from
Ameritech (Detroit, MI) was the hold up. Then they had brought it up on the
wrong port in their POP. I can believe the Ameritech part but the second
reason seems far fetched because that took them 2 months to correct.

-Aaron

i'm curious about is, the order was placed way back in >March. Is waiting
this long for a DS3 normal? I've just been thinking >that 8 months seems
like quite a bit of time to wait.

> some people get them in 4 weeks.  Some people wait over a year. Not >sure
you could put a "norm" on it.  But what are they telling you the hold >up
is?

-
List archives can be found at: <http://www.moongroup.com/inet.php>