List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: The State of DSL (was: Zyan Squeezing Resellers....)
From:       Allen Marsalis <am () shreve ! net>
Date:       2000-10-31 1:39:40

At 09:49 AM 10/30/00 -0700, Jawaid.Bazyar@foreThought.net wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Allen Marsalis wrote:
>
>> nod.  It's not fair..  Why doesn't FCC/congress make ILEC owned
>> ISP's operate "at arms length" from their parent ILEC??  Ever try
>> to get an advertisment placed in an ILEC bill?  Or get PRI's cheap
>> enough to offer unlimited access for $14.95 all the way down to free!?
>> While they continue to sell $2000/mo PRI's to ISP's in some cases?
>
>Look, you're a customer. Deal with it.
>
>If you don't want to deal with being a customer, become a CLEC. It's not
>hard, nor does it require that much money.

All it takes is time and money...  (and lawyers)

that's quite a lot to ask of local ISP nowadays..  I just saw
another free provider yesterday (Barnes and Noble bookstore)..

At the same time, I can't imagine ISP's becoming telcos in response
to unfair politics..  In fact, that's precisely why I wouldn't want
to be a telco and compete/depend on a hugh monopoly with politicians
in their pockets..

Allen
am@shreve.net

-