List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Is your "Web Design" profitable?
From:       <up () 3 ! am>
Date:       2000-10-30 17:15:28

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 jp@sugar.midcoast.com wrote:

> > I have a question directed to all you ISP's who design web pages, and have
> > full time web design/development staff.  Do you find that your web design
> > part of your business is profitable?  Or do you find it is just a value
> > added service to offer this, and it actually effects you negativly a bit?
>
> We don't do it. We've been referring web-design issues to some of our
> customers who are decent web designers. We send accounts to them, they
> send accounts to us.

Exactly what I've been doing for years.  From a hosting perspective, web
designer customers can be your best customers.  The good ones need little
to no support, and bring lots of customers your way, or resell your
hosting service.  They'll choose you over an ISP that competes for their
design business at the drop of a hat, and shooting customers back at them
just makes you that much more attractive.

Of course, there's probably lots of money to be made in web design, but
it's incredibly time consuming...

up@3.am							    http://3.am